Paul Bunyan Rifle & Sportsman's Club
A Private Membership Shooting Range dedicated to creating a safe and enjoyable facility for our members.
President Mark Curtis Honored with Life Membership
During the January 27, 2017 General Meeting President Mark Curtis was recognized for his years of support of the organization and dedication to well being and longevity of the club by being granted Life Member status. Life
Membership is presented to club members by the Board of Directors and Offices for those members who reflect the same drive and commitment to the organization as Mark does. He joins only 18 other members that have received this honor since the inception of the club 70 years ago.
Mark started as a member in the early 1990's and soon found himself in leadership roles. He has served as the Chairman of the Muzzleloading Committee, Booshway of that disciplines Annual Memorial Day Rendezvous, Board Director, Membership Chairman, Caretaker, and serves the membership as our current President. Mark has been instrumental in overseeing the construction of the new clubhouse, the successful American Marksman Regional Championships, and negotiated contracts for income from the Cell Towers and handles many of the daily issues that arise within an organization the size and scope of Paul Bunyan.
Mark can be found at most Black Powder Rendezvous in Western Washington or any place where the firearms are loaded from the muzzle with black powder and are set off with a flintlock mechanism. This include events hosted by the The Northwest Colonial Reenactors Association where Mark serves that organization as its Vice President & Colonial Encampment Mayor.
Paul Bunyan Rifle & Sportsman's Club
2017 Summer Pistol League
Dates: ● June 22 to Aug.24 Thursday evenings. ● There are 9 match days scheduled for you to shoot 8 scores for record.
Time: ● 5:00 pm, 6:15 pm relays
Location: ● Paul Bunyan Rifle & Sportsman's Club 17902 Meridian Ave E, Puyallup, WA 98375
Eligibility: ● All competitors must be 16 years of age or older unless supervised by an adult.
League Fee: ● $23.02 + 1.98 tax for a total of $25.00. Pay at the first league night.
● Competitive Class. All NRA rules apply. 4 scores 22, 4 scores centerfire.
● Any Gun Class. All NRA rules apply. 8 scores, any gun allowed per NRA rules.
● Open Class. All NRA rules apply, except a two-handed standing position is allowed, 8 scores any gun.
● Per NRA rules, all shots count for record. When a competitor has all 8 scores turned in for record, a league member may shoot for practice.
Squading: Range capacity is 22 competitors per relay. Advanced reservations recommended.
● Competitors will be assigned to relays on a first come-first serve basis.
● Competitors who show up that are not registered for that relay will be on standby until 10 minutes prior to the start of the relay.
● Priority squading is given to those who have registered in advance for a specific relay.
● 5pm & 6:15pm relays are typically pretty full, advance registration is recommended.
● Registered competitors forfeit shooting spot 10 minutes prior to start of relay.
● Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your relay, as shooting begins at the scheduled start time .
● Competitors may shoot two relays per night for score, if space allows.
● This is an NRA approved league for the competitive and any gun class shooters. NRA classification system applies. Scores will not be sent to the NRA for open class shooters.
Course of Fire:
● 600 point aggregate per relay, eight total relays for record.
● Slow fire 50 yards. B-6 target. Timed and rapid fire 25 yards on the B8 target.
● Four relays 22 caliber and four relays CF (.32 to .45) caliber pistols allowed by NRA rules.
● Open class will fire all shots from 25 yards using the B8 timed and rapid fire target.
● Cash awards will be awarded to the top competitors in each class, completing all 8 record scores. ● All competitors are eligible for prizes drawn the last night of the league.
Reservations and additional information: Larry Lang by e-mail, email@example.com
Paul Bunyan Beginning Pistol Shooting Course
The Paul Bunyan Rifle & Sportsman's Club will host a Beginning Pistol Shooting Course April 22 & 23 (this is not an NRA-approved course). The course will be taught by NRA Certified Instructors and will cover the basics of safe and proper gun handling and pistol shooting. Participants will learn about firearm safety, parts and operation, shooting fundamentals, care and cleaning, storage options, selection, and more. Course hours are 9 AM - 4 PM both days. To obtain a registration packet, phone Dennis at 253-841-9309. Advance registration and deposit of course fee ($35) is required. Seating is limited to the first 14 students to register. Membership in Paul Bunyan R&S Club and/or the NRA is not required in order to attend this course.
Upcoming classes at Paul Bunyan
June 24-25: NRA Personal Protection In The Home Course
July 29-30: NRA Personal Protection Outside The Home Course
Aug 5 (Sat): advanced portion of PPOTH
22 LONG RIFLE CLUB MATCH
WHEN: July 22nd 9AM
WHERE: Paul Bunyan R&S Rifle Range
COST: $10 $5- for octogenarians or juniors
This will be a fun club match fired on the Cast Bullet Association’s Official Score Target. Shooters will compete in one of two classes: match class or sporter class (see below). The target consists of 6 bulls; a sighter marked “S” and 5 bulls for score marked 1 thru 5 (see below). You will be shooting a total of ten target cards, five at 100 yards (25 rounds) and five at 200 yards (25 rounds), each with a 10 minute time limit per card. The course of fire is one shot per bull, except for the sighter bull, which may have as many hits as desired. The score bulls do not have to be fired in any particular order, but may have only one hit each. Two hits on a bull will be scored with the lowest value and no hit on a bull will be scored as a miss, zero. The match will take approximately 3 hours to complete. I strongly recommend you take the time to sight your rifle for each distance and record the settings as there will be no extra time allowed for trying to “find paper”. After the first round is fired, there will be no refunds.
FIREARMS: Any rifle chambered for the .22 long rifle (RF) cartridge.
MATCH RIFLE: Any rifle designed and intended for match shooting, including but not limited to Remington 40X 500 series, Winchester 52 and 75 series, BSA Martinis, Anschutz, Stevens 700 series, or any rifle otherwise deemed by the match director.
SPORTING RIFLE: Any rifle designed and intended for general hunting, plinking, or informal target shooting. These may be tricked up to enhance the performance or looks or any other rifle otherwise deemed acceptable by the match director.
SIGHTS: any scope or iron sight combination. There will be no distinction or class between irons and scopes. Bear in mind, iron sights will be an extreme disadvantage.
If you have questions, please contact Mitch Migliaccio at firstname.lastname@example.org